Firstly COVID-19 is no joke. Even though it is probably not going to kill you, it is going to have implications that you probably didn’t expect when you first heard about it.
Social Distancing really should be called safety and hygiene pro tips, but social distancing is shorter and sounds scarier, and scary things spread faster than a virus!
What is Social-Isolation?
Social isolation is when you lock yourself in a room and get everything delivered to you until it is safe for you to go out.
There are many reasons for you to do this, however the top 3 are:
- you have or think you have been infected with COVID-19,
- you are an “at risk” (of being hospitalised or dying) person, or
- You frequently visit or live with someone who is “at risk”.
Here, your best friends may become Social media, Netflix, and most likely Uber Eats.
For a 2 minute read on tips on Smart Social Isolation ideas click here
What is Social-Distancing?
Basically it is a practice to help slow the spread of a virus in this case called COVID-19, to help contain the problem before it is a complete pandemic.
Tips for this include:
- Don’t be That Guy, you know the one who goes out to friends places to party with more people than currently allowed.
- Avoid unnecessary crowds like the toilet paper aisles in Woolies and Coles (unless you are actually running low on TP or essentials. Still try to do online delivery or click and collect if you can.
- Avoid direct contact with people in case they are a carrier (not showing symptoms). Maintain 1.5m distance from others.
It goes without saying that you should also practice good hygiene, so practice your Dab when sneezing or coughing (aim to your elbow with your nose and mouth), Wash your hands for 20 seconds (try singing the alphabet in your head)
Create super secret handshakes that don’t involve actually shaking hands. Get creative 😉
For any planned outings with friends/family you may have, it is probably a good time to consider if it is necessary or not. If not then raincheck!
If you’re wondering Why You Should Be Social Distancing read our next post here